Yes, this is my 2nd post of the day! Please look below for First Impressions. This post is part of the Lenny-Lee-Fest, a shout out to a fellow blogger and all around great kid.
My Top 10 Reasons to Love Lenny:
10. Alliteration. Lenny Lee is a GREAT name. From Marilyn Monroe to Fred Flintstone — Who doesn’t love somebody with an alliterative name?
9. Animal lover. Lots of Lenny’s posts are about animals. He’s always interested in the pets of his blogger friends. He even had my goofy dog Sorcia on his blog sidebar for awhile!
8. Neat handwriting. I got a card from Lenny once, and his handwriting made my 5th grade students’ handwriting look like chicken scratch! How come my students don’t write like that? Wasn’t someone supposed to teach them … oh, yeah … um … Let’s move on.
7. Heartfelt voice. Any writer knows that developing voice is essential to good writing. Well, Lenny comes by it naturally! I used his post on dolphins with my class to demonstrate how voice can be used in a non-fiction piece.
6. Exclamation points!!! You can never use too many.
5. Bold. Lenny’s not afraid to poke fun at his grown-up blogging buddies. Regarding my 16th wedding anniversary, Lenny commented: “Yikes! You been married way more longer than I am old.” (I almost fell out of my chair laughing.)
4. Walking Advertisement. Here’s Lenny’s comment about my We Hear the Dead t-shirts: “For sure those tee shirts are something to make people look. I know cause I’m a walking ad. My brother was flirting with a girl who waited on him at the store and he got asking her what she likes to do and she said she loves reading stuff and likes that history fiction lots. He grabbed me and swung me around like a top and pointed at your book on the back of my shirt and said you just gotta read this book. She wrote it down and said shes gonna get it. Hooray for We Hear the Dead tee shirts! He got a date from it too.” (Another ROFL for me …)
3. Insightful. In spite of his age, Lenny is incredibly insightful. When he read my brother-in-law Larry’s guest post about babysitting Sorcia, Lenny shrewdly noted that Larry and his wife seemed to be pining for a dog of their own. Not only was he right, but Larry and Deb now have their own German Shepherd!
2. Fooled me but good! In Jen Daiker’s Guess My Character Blogfest, I pegged Lenny’s character Gunther as a good-looking hunk who didn’t know all the girls were in love with him. But turns out, Gunther was a goat.
And (drum roll please), the Number One Reason to Love Lenny …
1. Smiles. Every single comment and email from Lenny makes me smile!
Have a great day, Lenny! Enjoy your Fest! We all hope to see you back in action and on your blog again real soon! And any of my blog readers who haven’t met Lenny yet (can there possibly be any?) ought to stop by his blog and say “Hi!”