I’m writing this on Sunday and scheduling it to post on Friday – which will be my first day of summer vacation. (Boy, I wish I could jump ahead and skip the intervening days!)
Last summer, I posted a set of goals for my vacation, and I did a pretty good job at meeting most of them. So, it seems like a good idea to make it an annual event. Here’s what I hope to accomplish before returning to school in the fall:
- Finish this draft of Voltage and one round of revisions before looking for beta readers. The current draft will be my first complete one (although I had two false starts) and I already have a laundry list of Stuff That I Need to Change, so I expect to address those things in the first full revision.
- Get at least 1/2 of the way through my first draft of the doomsday story (title keeps changing). I was working on it in tandem with Voltage for awhile, but I put it aside when I started making real progress with Voltage and didn’t want to lose my momentum. I don’t think it will be hard to get back into it.
- Read more blogs. I was happy that I was able to keep up with blogging during the school year, but I didn’t get around to other people’s blogs as often as I wanted. I look forward to reading more of YOUR posts while I’m off for the summer.
- Exercise. This usually means swimming in the pool, although taking the dog for long walks is also fun when it’s not too hot.
- Make over the play room into a teen/tween hangout. I don’t even look in the playroom anymore. It’s a filthy den of broken Barbie parts, half-completed crafts, remnants of school projects, Legos, and I shudder to think what else. It needs a massive clean-out, a new paint job, and then the fun part – shopping for new furniture!
What’s on your list for the summer?
P.S. In the early spring, I posted a picture of my barren back yard. I was asked to follow up with nicer pictures later. That’s one at the top!
That’s a great list of goals! Each of them seems like it would be highly satisfying to achieve. I hope you’re enjoying your first day of summer vacation–you’ve earned it!
Your garden is lovely.
And what a great list of goals! May you sail through them, and enjoy every minute it.
Great goals. You’re such a go-getter! My biggest goal is to not get too much fatter while allowing my bun to bake to his desired temp.
Well, I want to finish writing and revising ‘Kissing for Coffee’ and send it out to betas. I’m also planning on applying for french citizenship which requires tons of time and ordering documents etc… The back garden needs to be replanted and I’ve got a bunch of new books coming in to be read.
Love the garden. Now you can work on ours. 😀
My goal is to finish my wip and start planning my next project. But my biggest goal is to spend more time with the kids (without suffering from writing withdrawals).
Pretty garden–and what a great idea for the playroom–those teens/tweens need a spot–get on it, MOM! : )
Your garden is beautiful. That’s quite an ambitious list of goals you have for the summer. Good luck getting them all accomplished. I’d be happy if I finish editing my WIP and start the querying process again.
I hope you reach all your goals this summer.
Take care Dianne and have a great weekend 🙂
It must be great to have a summer break like that. I could sure use one. I guess I can’t really complain though when I’ve only been working full time for a few months.
I’ll think I’ll save my list for my own blog post though.