I started In High Spirits on January 8, 2010 with a post called Optimism in a New Decade. It was just a few months before the release of We Hear the Dead, and WAY too late to build a platform of readers before a book launch – but I didn’t know that at the time! For a long while, my only readers were my husband, my sister … and then Katie Mills, aka CreepyQuery Girl. I’m not sure how I snagged Katie, but I do remember her as one of my very first readers!
It’s been an interesting journey since then, and a lot of cool stuff has happened in the last four years. There have been disappointments as well, but that’s the way of this business and life in general.
To celebrate how far I’ve come, I’m hosting a raffle this month – giving away one of everything I’ve ever published. The giveaway is open to anyone in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, or the European Union. I’ve decided to hold separate raffles for each item, rather than have just one and stick a winner with something they don’t want or already have.
The Anniversary Party door prizes are signed copies of:
- We Hear the Dead + my very last WHTD t-shirt
- Visions 1 and 2 : pulp fiction anthologies including my two adult short stories, Necromancer (horror) and Greydeere (fantasy)
- The Caged Graves + a caged grave t-shirt
- Very Superstitious: a charity anthology including my YA short story, Bloody Mary (historical horror)
- An ARC of The Eighth Day + a set of temporary tattoos that go with the story
To all my readers, thanks for making the last four years so amazing! I look forward to the next four … and more … with excitement and anticipation!